It’s that time of year again. The time when your life becomes consumed each week by the CrossFit Games Open WOD! We are looking forward to Games season and want each and every one of you to compete. Here’s what’s up for Games Season at CrossFit North Vancouver this year:
Team CrossFit North Vancouver
Our slogan is “Community Driven” and that’s the approach we will be taking with the CrossFit Games Open. The affiliate team is CrossFit North Vancouver and we want you all on the team to help the Community qualify a representative team for the Regionals held at the Richmond Olympic Oval May 9-11. Last year we used scores for 9 different athletes to qualify and it was a dog fight! We will need each and every one of you to help.
Open Workout Schedule
This year we are going to be as prepared as possible and hit the workout right away on Thursdays. The gym will be open on Thursday at 4:30pm, we will watch the LIVE announcement together at 5:00pm, and after we see the two featured athletes go head to head we will get heat times on the board. (hopefully 6-8pm) There will be a small window on Sunday’s for people who missed Thursday or people who need to do the workout over again.
Open Thursday’s February 27, March 6, 13, 20, 27.
5:00pm WOD Announcement
6:00pm Heats Start
CrossFit North Vancouver Intramural Championships!
Lastly, and most important, we are going to have some fun with the Open this year. For our competitive athletes this will not change anything, but, for a lot of us who are doing the Open for fun and to be a part of the CrossFit Community the Intramural concept will be awesome!
Here it is:
– 4 Teams
– February 23rd we will have a BBQ at the gym for the draft and Open Kick Off!
– Teams will be chosen randomly. Names out of a hat.
– Everyone will compete in the Open as we always have done
– Each person’s scores will count towards their team
– BBQ to wrap up the Open March 30th will also be a celebration of the Intramural Champions
– Prize will be 3rd/4th place teams setting up, serving, cooking, and cleaning up the BBQ for the 1st/2nd place teams!