Year 2 is in the Books!! June 1st two years ago I started on an adventure and many of you began that adventure with me. The adventure was called Pure Athletics and the goal was to create a community of people who worked hard and enjoyed a healthy and happy lifestyle! So far, so good! This has been an amazing adventure and I look forward to many more years with the Community we have created and those who will be joining us. Year 3 will be an amazing year. A year of growth and positive change. I can’t wait for this year and this opportunity to be reborn in a facility which mirrors it’s amazing community of members!
Thank you for your smile, your kind words, your blood, your sweat, your tears, your friendship, your laughter, your anger (double unders), and most of all being a part of the community. The community is made up of all of you. It isn’t the same if one person goes missing and with each new person it gets better!
I thought I would share a few of my favorite moments from year 2. (in no particular order)
1. Kids, Kids, Kids! Grace joined us in August followed by Mr. Carter and last, but, certainly not least, Jude. Our family is growing in many ways and having all the kids around has been amazing. I truly feel we are all family and it is just fitting there are kids around.
2. Terry “Bull” Peters. There aren’t many people who could join our already awesome community and instantly make it better. Terry did. Having Bull around has been a blessing in so many ways. I am thankful our paths crossed and I can tell you Bull will be with us forever.
3. King and Queen. The King and Queen competition! Created by Bull and executed by Bull we hosted our first in house competition and it lit the competitive spark in the gym. Congrats to FLIP and KSTAR for being the first King and Queen of CrossFit North Vancouver. Carrie, what do you think about Jian having a Queen? 😉
4. New Coaches. Flip, Skippy, Screamer and a Pistol on the way. Congrats you guys and gals! You will all make amazing coaches and mentors for people.
5. Athlete of the year. Aleta “Pinky” Wilson. A person who defines hard work and loves CrossFit! It was awesome to give her the honour of being the fist AOY.
6. Client Appreciation BBQ. Over 100 people at the BBQ! Made me tear up.
7. Firefighter Fran. Watching Csubi and Grizz attack the WOD and do it FAST! This was also a great fundraiser for an awesome cause.
8. Make a Wish. Being with Allison and Chris at her Make a Wish event and being a part of making wishes for kids who deserve it!
9. CrossFit Games. Regionals was amazing. It was awesome to be a part of the event and even better to see the successes of our athletes. You were all successful!! I can’t wait to send a team to California next year. Terry, what can I say, I’m not surprised you are going to Cali. You have hit a PR on almost every WOD since being with us!!
10. Pistol Pete bringing me coffee every morning.
11. Mike Cartwright and O-Lifting. Mike is an expert in every sense of the word and I look forward to working with Mike over the years to support his plan to have the best lifters in our gym!
12. Community Partners. Q Energy Drink, STR/KE MOVEMENT, and Fitness Town! Great people!!
13. Our O Lifting Event. It will get bigger and better next year!
14. Taranis Winter Challenge. I was a competitor, my team was awesome!! We had an amazing dinner and a great weekend. I look forward to it every year! Sharon inspired me all weekend!!
15. KD and POPEYE tying the knot. So amazing!!
16. Adam Santon. Heavyweight Champion!!
I probably missed 20 other amazing highlights and I am sorry if I missed one of your favorite moments. Better yet. Post your favorites to COMMENTS.